Amy Grabowski, MA, LCPC
- The United Way has a website devoted to matching people with volunteer opportunities in Chicago. You can search any number of categories to find a volunteer placement that suits your needs. www.chicagovolunteer.net
- The Bottomless Closet: provides professional clothing, job readiness and employment training and coaching services to women on assistance
www.bottomlesscloset.org - (312) 527-9664
- ANAD (National Association for Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders) often needs clerical, phone and office help; support group leaders and cash donations are needed as well.
www.anad.org (847) 831-3438
- The National Runaway Switchboard provides non-judgmental confidential crisis intervention and referrals to youth and their families through a 24-hour hotline.
www.nrscrisisline.org - (773) 880-9860
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America is the nations oldest youth mentoring organization.
- Ten Thousand Villages, a store in Evanston, sells handicrafts made by unemployed and underemployed artisans around the world, providing them with vital fair income. Volunteers are needed for many daily operations of the store. (847) 869-8262
but still I am one.
I cannot do everything,
but still I can do something,
and because I cannot do
I will not refuse
to do the something I can do."